Sunday, January 31, 2010

My very first post

I feel a little bit like the girl in Julie&Julia starting a new blog. (Although, I do not have an obsession with Julia Child or French cooking.) But I am starting a conversation without knowing what the outcome will be. Okay so this blog stuff is harder than it looks, especially with your husband sitting next to you offering random and strange suggestions and opinions about the content of your writings. Which is not at all in the least bit helpful, I might add. So rather than attempting to figure out the best way to say what I am thinking, I am going to just spit it out and let the mess be what it may. (At which point the husband offers his best sound effects) We are pregnant. Well, not really in a literal sense of the word. More in the metaphorically sense of the word. The start of our story is less important (and more winding and meandering than I feel like documenting here) than the journey. So our big news is that we have decided to pursue adopting. And this blog (hopefully) is going cataloge our thoughts and feelings and steps along the way.

2 comments:

  1. This non-facebooker will also be glad to hear what's happening in your lives :) Looking forward to coming along with you on your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am sooo excited about following you on here! although preston and i are still far from the parenting phase in our lives we have agreed that adoption is something we definitely want in our future....way....way far away. haha i am so interested to follow your progress

    ReplyDelete