Monday, March 26, 2012

Rerun

I've been sadly neglecting this little blog.  Lately it seems like life has sped up, and I'm doing my darndest to just hang on.  I've felt like my days have been an out of control version of "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie" over and over.  Spring break is bringing a great big sigh of relief for us though, and we are going to tuck in and soak it up by committing to absolutely nothing. 

I've started planting a few things and getting the garden ready for the season.  Only we have 2 chickens who have decided that they are going to be free range--against my will.  They have been flying out with increasing regularity and systematically destroying everything green that pokes through the surface.  Except for the weeds of course; they won't touch those.  Prima Donnas!  I walked out this afternoon to see my newly planted spinach bed freshly plowed under a layer of chicken scratches.  That does it, as soon as those two sneaky girls get off the nesting box, I'm going to clip their wings. 

We have one chick that I have been raising for a friend who seems to have some gender confusion.  She doesn't look quite like the other 2 of her kind, and seems to be acting rather unhenlike.  I expect her to start crowing any day now.

There is a woodpecker outside who spends all of the daylight hours making it's trilling call with increasing desperation.  It was cute at first, but that wore off really fast.  Seriously, if he's looking for a girl, there has got to be a better way to go about it.

And just for fun, because I love both things that are yellow, and quirky:

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment