Thursday, March 20, 2014

Happy 13

I'm sitting by those magic carpet walkways in the airport while the kids ride them back and forth, in and out of eyeshot. Chris is pacing by the bathroom returning phone calls before he is out of cell phone range. I have everyone's bags piled around me like a bunker, guarding the nearby seats from anyone who wants to sit down. I meant to write earlier, but between the packing and general craziness of preparing to leave the country, I ran out of time.

We had a birthday in our family on the 10th, Aidan turned 13. We were inspired a while back by something we read in Bob Goff's book, Love Does, and also the desire to do something special as a  "rite of passage" for our kids' 13th birthdays. We decided to give them a trip somewhere they wanted to go. (Within reason, of course.) Which is why we are sitting here, waiting to board our planes to Israel.

I was just reminded that I'm using battery for the device that is going to fuel a Dr. Who marathon, so I need to get off. Stay close because hopefully soon, I will have lots of stories and pictures to share. We are flying by the seat of our pants a little bit. I picked up my passport yesterday, we still don't know where we are going to stay Sunday and Monday nights, but we are off on an adventure!




No comments:

Post a Comment