Monday, August 15, 2011

Back to schoolness

There are lots of things that I love about back to school season. Not actually the whole school part, but all the lovely things that go along with it. Like chilly mornings, and school supplies. There's something completely wonderful about those boxes of sharp crayons. They really make me happy. (I used to have a key chain that said "not the brightest crayon in the box, are we?" before my younger self decided that that wasn't the sweetest thing to go around flashing at random people. I was thinking it was kinda like running around sprinkling The Finger on whomever happened to glance my way. ) I splurged this year and added a pair of pink scissors for me to our overloaded cart. And I was pleasantly surprised to find that we had bought an extra pair of erasers and colored pencils. I happily tucked them away in my desk drawer to go with my scissors. I just need an angry birds notebook and new lunch box to complete my happy going-back-to-school-without-actually-going-back-to-school feeling.

We had a little trouble with our first day of school pics this morning. Chloe was irritated that Aidan kept holding up the inappropriate number of fingers to match his grade:

Photobucket

Okay, now we are all happy, but somebody was avoiding the eye of the camera:

Photobucket

Now everybody's looking but that devious look on Aidan's face is freaking me out a little:
Photobucket

Finally we have the appropriate emotion for first day of school pics. But the photographer really should have moved the dog brush and hose. Sheesh.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment