Tuesday, January 17, 2012

New Years

I'm snuggled up inside taking a sick day with my oldest.  One of the traditions when Daddy is gone appears to be that someone is always sharing my bed.   (I personally thought our tradition was to make homemade pizza, but who can resist a little person with a sheepie under one arm tiptoeing in and whispering-'I'm cold'?)  But if you give them an inch, they will take a mile.  And soon the night visits start before it's even night, and before I'm even in bed.  The two littles race eachother to be the first to ask to sleep in Momma's bed, and erase my own dearly held personal tradition of sprawling out on the middle of the bed like I own the place.  (which I do).  Anyway, someone sleeping next to me and unselfconsciously coughing into my face shared more than the blankets.  Now I'm sipping some nasty cold care tea and waiting for my immune system to kick the intruder to the curb.

It's a perfect time to dig thru some more pictures. 

Carrie and I decorated the house for New Years Eve with a wild and festive abandon with a blue spool of ribbon.  I have to confess that it looked quite a bit like a boobytrapped scene from the cabin in "Parent Trap".  A more reasonable and logical hand relieved us (okay maybe more me) from our duties and went about redecorating (undoing) our mess beautiful work.

Photobucket


Carrie is the queen of little touches to make things special which resulted in all the appropriate New Years accoutrements-hats, poppers, those party blower things (is there a proper word for them?) and even a balloon drop. 
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The kids weren't used to staying up so late. 
Photobucket

Photobucket

Happiest of New Years.

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Hi Es! Wow, your kids have grown up so much! We miss you guys! Our small group is still going strong...would you believe there are now between 30-40 people attending! Very cool!

    How is photography going? I love your blog header!

    ReplyDelete